Dow's next generation elements have been precisely designed and will replace existing DOW FILMTEC™ residential RO elements. Performance specifications are identical for both DOW FILMTEC existing and next generation of products. The current NSF/ANSI 58 certification will be maintained, except the 100 gpd elements which are in the process of being certified.
The next generation encompasses all standard DOW FILMTEC elements, including:
Product improvements and enhanced features:
Completely redesigned element:
Dow has completely redesigned all standard DOW FILMTEC residential RO elements using optimized materials of construction and our industry leading product development capabilities. The next generation design offers equivalent or superior overall performance compared to existing DOW FILMTEC standard products. Elements with flow rate equal or greater than 50 GPD now have a two leaf design improving element efficiency and water quality while maintaining the trouble-free operation you have come to expect from DOW FILMTEC elements. The new element is compatible with all element housings that have previously used DOW FILMTEC residential elements.
An innovative brine seal design, patent pending, will replace the current taped u-cup brine seal. Exhaustive studies demonstrated that installation and removal of the element into and out of the housing is comparable with current taped brine seal design. The innovative brine seal provides the following benefits:
- Reliable seal: when residential RO systems are not in use, the brine seal is used to direct rinse water through the element scroll to improve pure water quality and reduce scale formation. Taped on, u-cup brine seals depend on flow direction and pressure drop through the element scroll to "inflate" them and form a tight seal. In most residential systems, the rinse water flow rate through the scroll is limited by a flow restrictor to conserve water. If it is too low, the pressure drop required to inflate the u-cup falls below one psi which does not always create a reliable seal.
- Dow's innovative brine seal design forms a press-fit between the element and the housing that does not need on pressure drop through the scroll to make a reliable seal. If pressure spike occurs, the innovative brine seal also has another benefit. During initial residential RO system charging, feed water pressure spikes can occur across an element until water completely fills the element housing. Pressure spikes can cause taped u-cup seals to slip and deform creating a permanent leak. Dow's new brine seal is designed to relieve then reseal should a pressure spike occur.
Incorporation of multiple security features such as:
- Enhanced hologram label design with multiple anti-counterfeiting features which include:
- Water drop symbol and text holograms
- A DOW FILMTEC™ product code and model description
- A unique imprinted product serial number
- Two-color water permeate tube, one end is white and the other blue, one more way to help you and your customers identify a genuine DOW FILMTEC product!
These features improve the protection of a recognized and leading brand in the industry today.
Enhanced quality control throughout the entire production process; eleven different quality checks monitor all critical dimensions and product characteristics. 100% of all DOW FILMTEC™ residential elements must pass an element integrity test before packaging to ensure our customers receive defect-free products.
The increased capacity, advanced automation and quality control will allow us to keep providing high quality DOW FILMTEC™ residential RO elements. Dow understands that quality products provide critical support for your reputation in the market place, and help increase customers' satisfaction with your products.